I Fine Thank You Love You (2014)
Release Date: Thailand – December 10, 2014 | Cambodia – January 16, 2015 | Hong Kong 2015 | Indonesia – January 21, 2015 | Philippines 2015 | Malaysia – March 12, 2015 | Myanmar – January 2, 2015 | Singapore – January 22, 2015 | Taiwan – April 17, 2015 | Vietnam – January 23, 2015
English Subtitles: Yes
DVD Release: March 25, 2015 VCD-DVD / April 9, 2015 2 Discs Collector’s Limited Edition Boxset
Official Website: http://www.iFineThankYouLoveYou.com/
* I Fine, Thank You Love You (2014) is GTH’s #1 highest grossing romantic comedy film in Thailand.
* Preechaya Pongthananikorn (Pleng) won the ‘Yakushi Pearl Award’ for her performance as a English tutor & Thai director Mez Tharatorn won an award for ‘Most Promising Talent’ at the 10th Osaka Asian Film Festival’s award ceremony in Osaka, Japan. March 15, 2015.
English Title: I Fine Thank You Love You (2014)
Thai Title: ไอฟาย..แต๊งกิ้ว..เลิฟยู้
Chinese Title: 我很好~謝謝愛你呦
Khmer Title: អាយហ្វាញ…សេងយ្យូ…លបយូ
Vietnamese Title: Nữ Gia Sư
Director: Mez Tharatorn
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Duration: 120 mins
I Fine, Thank You… Love You Original Soundtrack
1. ABC ชักกระตุก – Artist: Ice, Sunny, นิว , หมวดแวน
2. Walk You Home – Artist: Surasee Eittikul
Ice – Preechaya Pongthananikorn (ไอซ์-ปรีชญา พงษ์ธนานิกร) as Pleng (English teacher)
Sunny Suwanmethanon (ซันนี่ สุวรรณเมธานนท์) as Gym
Pleng (Preechaya Pongthananikorn) is a charming and beautiful English tutor. Her ordinary life takes an unexpected turn when she is asked an extraordinary favor; to help one of her students dump her Thai boyfriend named “Gym” (Sunny Suwanmethanont). Unfortunately, Gym doesn’t understand English so Pleng’s student records her voice message and asks Pleng to translate her message to him.
When Gym realizes that he is being dumped, he pins blame on Pleng for his girlfriend leaving him being that Pleng taught his girlfriend the English to pass her US job interview. It is at that moment Gym persuades Pleng to teach him English too, hoping to go to the US to reconcile with his girlfriend. Pleng has reservations but agrees.
Gym’s English is very basic and he’s such a slow learner. He works as a maintenance engineer at a factory. Pleng does her best to teach him. She lets Gym read children books to get started. Gym tries very hard and Pleng sees his effort and begins to sympathize with him.
At the same time, Pleng has fallen in love with another one of her students, “Pruek” (Two- Popetorn Sunthornyanakij), a handsome guy from a good family. He is a hopeless romantic who always find the way to surprise Pleng and eventually they become a couple.
“I Fine..Thank you..Love You” is a grammatically incorrect love story that illustrates the beauty of imperfection over perfection.
OST – Walk You Home by Surasee Eittikul
OST – ABC ชักกระตุก
Ok, this movie is so funny you got to watch the part when Gym goes out the coffee shop than all the customers and employees looks at him and goes frantic especially Pleng she was acting crazy grabbing for her purse and thought Gym was taking out a bomb and going to do something crazy.
There are a lot of misunderstanding between people and our languages especially when the words sound alike but totally mean different things, there is one incident going viral in Thailand that a monk was slapping a foreigner riding on a bus who was calling him a buffalo. Haha… (sorry about that).
Video of Monk slap foreigner
I Fine Thank You Love You VCD & DVD released on March 25, 2015. With the release of the DVD the production team of GTH is awarding back to fans a chance to win prizes that includes Honda cars, Honda Moove motorcycles and IPhone 6. There is a code inside the DVD to enter, the promotions start from March 26 through May 31. 2015. I Fine, Thank You Love You release in Thailand on December 10, 2014.
I Fine Thank You Love You (DVD), Region 3 / Thai / English subtitles, $9.49 – $19.49, buy it – YesAsia
Sign-up here! Cash back for shopping! Ebates.
Chinese, Hmong, Khmer, Lao, Thai, Vietnamese Live TV!
* Thai actor Sunny Suwanmethanon is currently filming a new Thai film, Heart Attack with Thai actress Davika Hoorne who was famous for her role in Pee Mak Phra Khanong 2013.
* I Fine, Thank You, Love You (2014) grossed 29.17 million baht in ticket sales on opening day, the second-highest ever for a Thai movie. It tops Pee Mak Phra Khanong 2013, Ong Bak starring Tong Jaa, released in 2003 by Sahamongkol Film still holds the biggest opening day ticket sales at about 30 million baht.
I Fine Thank You Love You 2014 Original Soundtrack